National Pasta Day!
It's National Pasta Day! We have a simple and delicious recipe to celebrate everyone's favorite food! This 10 ingredient recipe is perfect for a cozy weeknight in! The dish is hearty and fall inspired that will have you and your guest going for seconds!
- 1 Pound of Rigatoni Pasta
- 1 Pack of Trader Joe's Spicy Chicken Italian Sausage
- 1 Bag of Frozen Peas
- 2 Cups of Baby Spinach
- 1 Tablespoon of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt (2 tablespoons) and Cracked Black Pepper (2 Tablespoons)
- 2 Garlic Gloves
- 2 Cups of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Dried Parsley Flakes
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add salt and pasta. Cook pasta according to package, usually about 10-12 minutes for al dente.
- Remove the casing from the sausage. Cut sausage into halves then once more into quarter sized pieces. Heat olive oil on a medium-high skillet and brown sausage, about 7 minutes. Add chopped garlic into skillet!
- Season sausage and garlic with parsley, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes!
- Drain pasta, but reserve 1 cup of pasta water on the side. This is what will bind the veggies, cheese, and sausage mixture! Add pasta into sausage mixture!
- Throw in peas, spinach, and half the cup of reserved pasta water and let the mixture cook for 5 minutes!
- Sprinkle in 1 cup of parmesan cheese!
- Pour remaining reserved pasta water and turn off the heat. Add the other cup of parmesan cheese and let the ingredients blend together, creating a silky sauce. Sprinkle in crushed red pepper flakes and cracked black pepper for garnish!
Finished Product! Enjoy and happy Pasta Eating!
All of the dish's ingredients were purchased at our local Trader Joe's
The table setup includes: